convo

Meta

Roadmap/feature requests

I wrote the software powering this forum and at the time I'm writing this it's only a few days old. This thread will serve as a place to discuss what's coming soon and what the community would like to see.

- More rich text features: bold, italic, and lists are things I'm immediately missing. A lot of "basic" rich-text stuff (images, inline links) will likely never be added to keep moderation easy for me, but I'm open to suggestions.

- More profile details: I think a bio and a homepage link would be cool for users. Maybe also avatars, but I never liked forum signatures and I don't think they'll make it here. (Open to suggestions or dissent on this as well though.)

- Better error messages

- Ability to edit posts

Just added gravatars! For the three people that have signed up so far, log out and back in and you'll get yours.

Probably a ton of work to implement - but a "preview" before you post that includes formatting and embeds would be very good.

To add to the rich text features, > "quote" feature would be nice, or some ability to reply to specific folks/messages.

To add to the rich text features, > "quote" feature would be nice, or some ability to reply to specific folks/messages.

Blockquotes work! A preview would absolutely be very useful though, as long as some documentation on what's actually supported

(I should have been clear about this but you can start a line with ">" to turn it into a blockquote)

- More elegant deploys—if you ever get a 502 error it's because something just changed. Instead of being frustrated with my clownshoes operation, please pretend you are Neo experiencing déjà vu

- Read/unread status - Thread subscriptions

Blockquotes work! A preview would absolutely be very useful though, as long as some documentation on what's actually supported

awesome!